01.11.10 - on sunday night around 6:00 pm i usually get this uneasy feeling in my stomach. you might know the feeling... you realize you have only a few more hours until your work week begins. big sigh. then, it dawns on you still have a ton of things you had hoped to do during your supposed restful weekend. yeah, that's what happens on most weekends.
however, this monday was different and i actually looked forward to it. i felt pretty confident after having completed by 90th day for project 365 and was ready to take on the remaining 274 days in full force. work was relatively easy going today... easy, as in there wasn't any random work emergency that came up.
i had promised that i would give myself a little treat during my afternoon break so a co-worker and i checked out la maison du chocholat. after 15 minutes, i dropped $18 USD on a cup of the guayaquil hot chocolate and 4 vanilla and coffee flavored macarons. a small fortune on a decadent but much awaited treat. here are pictures i snapped of the beautiful displays and my yummy dessert. i savored every bite and sip... ah... the life.
after work, i had drinks and dinner with friends. lots of laughs and a great way to unwind. now, i'm spending the rest of my night watching the season premiere of "no reservations", one of my favorite shows. if today is any indication of the rest of the week, then bring it on.

You seem to have had a beautiful day. I'm happy for you, but I'm much more happy with the photos.
ReplyDeleteDid you use a tripod?
Looks like you have a sweet tooth, M. Hassan =). No, I didn't use a tripod. All the photos were with my iPhone.
ReplyDeleteYes, I love sweet things.
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding me????? Iphone shots???? Wow!!!!
That looks like a shop until you drop type day, very impressed by the quality of the photographs from your iPhone.
ReplyDeleteSi
I really want sweets now! I'll make the excuse that I need to photograph them for the project :) Congrats on getting over the 90 day hump!!
ReplyDeletethe macarons were deee-liisshh, alicia. i'm all for using project 365 as a reason to get sweets. thanks for your encouragement!
ReplyDeleteYUM...glad I dont know where this is...lol
ReplyDeleteto hard to resist
thanks for visiting my blog