1.10.2010

day 90: these aren't the droids you're looking for

not the droids

01.10.10 - i can hardly believe it, folks. day 90 has arrived! woooooohoooooooo!!!! as i mentioned a few posts ago, tomorrow on day 91 i plan to celebrate crossing the milestone and treat myself to a nice, decadent dessert. just thinking about it is making me giddy. 

i'm dedicating this post to jeff golden, who recently completed his project 365. he had a wonderful post days before he was about to finish his 365 about his thoughts and reflections of the past year. i asked him how he kept motivated and jeff gave me some great advice. he said, "for me, on days where i wanted to stop i just shot something silly to keep going." 

i remembered jeff's words today and snapped a picture of my humidifier (yes, my humidifer. you read that right). this little gadget always brings a smile to my face. when my hubby brought it home from bed, bath, & beyond i couldn't believe what i saw. "it looks like r2-d2!", i told him. he says he got the best humidifer recommended by pavel, bbb's resident humidifier expert. sure... and it probably didn't take much convincing from pavel since hubby is a big star wars geek. hahaha.

so here's to being silly! thanks jeff for reminding me to keep this project fun! 



11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention :) I am glad I could help be a motivation for you today. That does look a lot like R2D2 :) Congrats on Day 90 too -- very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Where's princess leah? "Help me obi-wan kenobi. You're my only hope".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/11/2010

    Congrats on day 90 and on this lovely shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/11/2010

    This made me laugh. I also thought Dr Who. Great job on the silly photo idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on 90 days, I hope I am as positive as you come day 90. R2D2, its a darlek from Dr Who, that is what it is. :-}

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, everyone! as to the dr. who dalek reference... yes, si & kirsten, you are right. it does look like that too. hahaha. instead of "ex-ter-min-ate"... this little guy's motto is "hu-mid-i-fy".

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'll definitely have to remember those words! congrats on hitting 90!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the 90! i'm at 11 and i can't even imagine 90 right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks, alicia & tammie. you will both get there soon enough and i'll be celebrating with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 90 days! I going to keep Jeff's advice in mind because at day 11 I'm already getting worried about what I can shoot for a year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi kim! thanks so much,. we can all use jeff's advice as our little reminder or mantra as we plug ahead with our 365. good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails